June 24, 2020PEFCU Values: Caring
What does it mean to be caring? To us, it means that we show compassion, nurture relationships with our employees, members, and the community, and foster a “people helping people” culture. Below are ways that we show our employees we care:
“No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
PEFCU Values: Ways that We Are Caring
1. Health Insurance: We care about our employee’s health and quality of life. PEFCU is one of the few employers that cover employees’ health insurance premiums at 100%. Plus, we cover our employees’ dependents at 85%.
2. Paid Time Off: Our employees work hard, so we believe they should have time to play hard as well. We offer generous PTO, plus paid federal holidays. Eligible employees can use their PTO in increments as small as 30 minutes each, which allows them to attend appointments, school events, and other events that may take place during work hours.
3. Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO): PEFCU cares about our communities. We know that our employees care about our communities, too. So, we give employees who volunteer for community or charitable events even more paid time off. For each hour of personal time that an employee devotes to volunteering for a worthy cause, PEFCU will give them half an hour of paid time off, up to 16 hours a year.
4. 401k Contributions/Profit Sharing: We care about our employee’s future, even during their retirement. We encourage them to contribute to a 401(k) (Traditional or Roth) account and we match a percentage of their contributions. Plus, we offer a profit-sharing program, where PEFCU contributes additional funds to employees’ retirement accounts. The matched amount is vested at 100% after three years if employees have worked at least 1000 hours each year.
5. Wellness Fair: During our annual Wellness Fair, we invite healthcare and wellness professionals and vendors to offer free health screenings to our employees. They also offer practical solutions for better health outcomes. From discounted gym memberships to free consultations, the Wellness Fair gives our employees options that can help every area of their lives. We care about each employee’s feedback, too. Our Organizational Health Index (OHI) Survey allows them to make us aware of how the Wellness Fair can best meet their needs.
What does caring mean to you?
Learn more about our PEFCU Values: